I love makeup, and lately, I’ve been getting into actually putting it on instead of just buying it to “collect” it. Below, I’ve given my “humble” (lol) opinion on my everyday products, and where I could have saved, and where I have found my forever products.
- Benefit’s Porefessional: Although I love this product, this specific item can run you in the high 20’s for price. If you don’t have that kind of money, I would suggest not splurging on this one. There are many other primers that are drug store brand that are just as good. For example: Maybelline Baby Skin. You can get it at target, and it’s around $6 in price.
- Bobbi Brown Foundation: Alright, splurge. Her items are high in quality and last all day…and in my line of work, that takes a STRONG foundation. Not only is it great coverage, it also has 35 SPF. I like BB creams, and e.l.f has a great BB cream for $6 as well.
- NARS Bronzer: Skip.skip.skip. It’s winter– you don’t live in the tropics (unless you…do. But I don’t soooo) My advice for the bronzer step– get a professional to match you. Similar to foundation/concealer, you may think you match, but then you see a picture of yourself, and you have to rethink your life.
- YSL Double End Eye Pencil: Sorry to say, this is about $30, and it’s so worth it. I hav ebeen on a mission for a pencil that’s better and cheaper, and I can’t find it. In my opinion, if you had to choose one: Pick this one.
- Urban Decay’s Mascara: Perversion: I was a huge fan of Scandal Queen’s Fairy Drops, but after the makeup stores near me stopped carrying it, I branched out. I got a sample, and I guess it can do for now. It’s not my end all, but it’s not terrible. My drug store dupe would have to be Rimmel London Volume Flash.
- NARS Matte Lip Pencil: How do I get my lips so…lippy? I use lip pencil all over my lips. Sometimes, I don’t even go to a lip stick. The NARS pencils stay on for a long time, and I only have to reapply once or twice during the day. My favorite colors are Train Bleu and Cruella.
- YSLRouge Volupte: One of my all time favorite brands, but not the best. I love dark colors for my lips, and this brand gives you a lot of reds. Since I’ve been branching out, I’ve been going to Smashbox, NARS, and Kat Von D to get darks purples and greys.
- Urban Decay Makeup Setting Spray: Skip it, people. Hair spray does a great job too…just hold your breath while you’re spraying.