Ok, so let’s talk about this whole instant gratification thing. I’m guilty. Who isn’t? …put your hand down, bitch. Anyway, I want to talk about buying full price in a store or online. Stawp it. You know it’s going on sale in like, a week. Let me tell you, stores pull items off the floor almost weekly. Stores also almost ALWAYS mark that stuff down come the next two or three weeks. If they don’t, whatevs. Hate me, I saved you some money.
Here’s some advice to you when something is on the market that you just can’t get your eyes off of. (I’ve been there,after all… I am human.)
- Stalk the crap out of it. Visit that website every day if you have to. Sign up for promo e-mails, then unsubscribe after you’ve gotten what you need from them. (Ugh, that’s so terrible.)
- Make sure you do price comparisons. Go on direct online sites that maybe selling the same item for cheaper.
- Although I used to stick my nose in the air about this, check Amazon and Ebay. No jokes..well the one joke would be if you bought something and it was fake…but seriously, there are a lot of people out there who have what you want and are selling it because of a break-up, divorce, or they too are broke!
- You want it? Work for it. Go on every website you can think of. RueLaLa, Hautelook, Nordstrom, Bloomies, Macy’s, Neiman, Lord and Taylor, do I need to go on? I mean, you found me because you’re trying to get off the drug, you already know what it looks like 😉
- Just know how terrible you’ll feel when you’ve already bought it, and it goes on sale the next day.
(On another note, trying to stop shopping is like trying to stop smoking the first, second, and third time. Harder than hard. But, once you get over the first hump, it’s so good…in reference to both things.)
Anyway, happy hunting!